Tuesday, June 12, 2007

June 12, 2007-Time to catch up, or, How i survived the Doug and Mark Show.


Morning all.

Sorry i have been a bit tardy on the blog lately. I had a pretty hectic, for me anyway, couple of weeks. Hectic used to mean, a month of working late, partying late and sleeping litte. Now its down to camping on a mountain for 3-4 days, then spending a week or so, unstiffing up.

As i mentioned, pretty busy lately. I spent May 31 to June 4 in a lovely spot in North Carolina, called Grandfather Mountain, near Linville. This was my third year attending the Nature Photography weekend and had a blast. Meet up with some old friends and met some new ones. All great folk. This year we had in the PDML compound(told ya you'd hear more from us in the blog:))folks from Australia and England, as well as my self from Canada. Speakers were all good, and i think i absorbed a few things. Mark Cassinos macro lecture was the best. Gona give that a try this summer if i can.

A lot of great photos entered in the contest. My IR shot made dishonerable mention, which actually is a good thing. One of the hilites of the weekend is Doug and Mark's(the judges) comments on the photos. If they were Canadian, there names would be Doug and Bob. They work great together and humour styles are the same, Monty Phython or bust.

A few of the regulars had to back out at the last minute, and were missed, but we had surragate Knarf with us anyway(see photo)

After lack of sleep and two long drive days, i only had a short time to catch up on sleep and attend two horse shows on the weekend. First one was to watch my daughter and PAEC Dressage team in Orangville Ontario. Every on did great and E had two excellent scores and was Champion in her class for the day.
Next day was spent at a farm north of us, shooting a Hunter Jumper schooling show. Nice place and i love to shoot there. Great backgrounds and colourful jumps, and a great owner.

As i am now officially "between assignments" as they say, i can now do my equine work during the day, and get out orders a lot faster. To bad its not quite enough to make a living, so i'll have to look for a "real job" in a while. I have my first interview to day, first in 34 years. I'm a bit nervous over this one. I thing things have changed from 1973.

Anyway, wish me luck and talk to you soon.
Thnaks for listening

DJB

1 comment:

Me and my camera said...

Where's my damned laptop!!

;-)