Sunday, December 30, 2007

December 30, 2007-On to 2008


Hello faithful reader.

Well, 2007 has come and gone. The world is still in a turmoil, and Dslr shooters are in a tizzy about what may or may not be on the next generation of cameras.:-)
Actually, I had a decent year, all things considered. Had a great vacation in Las Vegas in April. Daughter and her SO accompanied us, and had a wonderful week. They plan on returning. My work here is done.:-). Also had a wonderful week at the Grandfather Mountain, Nature Photography Weekend in June. This was my third year, and i love the place. Great scenery, great company. Pentax may be the # 3 in the camera game, but the owners are #1 to me.
Even though i was bought out from my place of employment, after 34 years, it was not that bad. I had really no love for the business, and was glad to be out. The SO even said i was now sleeping better and snoring less. I tried to tell that to the PDML at GFM, but they don't believe me.:-).
This was my best year every for web based sales from my Equine shows. That means a new lens i fear.LOL

Managed to keep busy with a few part time gig's, and i think i have some decent prospects coming my way in early January.

My daughter finished her show year with 5 of 6 Championships, Champion year end and first overall in Level I, Dressage, in Ontario at the Trillium level. Why we cannot sell this horse still amazes me.

Christmas was good for us. Small and quiet. Had supper at my sisters, whom i only see 1-2 times a year. She does not cook, but didi a great job.

So to all, have a great Newyear and hope all your wishes come true. There has to be a job out there for me somewhere. I'll find it.


DJB

No comments: